Israeli Probate, Inheritance and Estate Law
We handle all aspects of Israeli Inheritance, Estate/Succession law, probate petitions including objections vigorously and wisely. We particularly serving international clients who have assets and interests located in Israel. Our firm is well-positioned to represent a broad array of clients, ranging from those with basic needs to clients with substantial assets and complex estates. Our practitioners have the knowledge and hands-on experience to navigate clients through the ever-evolving legal, tax and financial landscape in Israel.
We offer scrupulous client service and tailor our advice to the unique needs and goals of the client. We offer a broad range of probate and estate planning services, including but not limited to the following:
- Preparing and filing Israeli succession, inheritance, probate petitions – We prepare and file petitions to probate wills, petitions to administer the estate, petitions to appoint executors and petitions to terminate appointments. We file Israeli probate and succession orders, as necessary.
- Providing legal advice and opinions pertaining to Israeli probate – We educate and advise clients on their rights and obligations established by the will, power of attorney documents, and applicable inheritance law.
- Identifying and notifying creditors and beneficiaries according to the succession law – We administer the estate by identifying the creditors and beneficiaries, and preparing and sending notices of administration to interested parties.
- Marshalling and distributing estate assets – We help administer the estate by aiding with inventorying the estate assets, obtaining appraisals, and assisting with marshalling and distributing assets.
- Preparing and filing any tax relevant to the estate – We advice with the preparation and filing of any tax relevant when the total assets are required of capital tax. We help ensure that the taxes are filed within applicable state deadlines, and request extensions when necessary. There’s no Estate Tax in Israel but other taxes can be in some cases.
- Preparing and filing Israeli trust petitions – We prepare and file trust petitions including petitions to replace trustees, amend trust provisions, construe the meaning of certain trust provisions, compel the trustee to take action, and terminate the existence of the trust prematurely.
- Provide legal advice and opinions pertaining to Israeli trusts – We advise on a variety of trust issues, educate clients on the powers granted to the trustee, and assess the privileges granted to the beneficiaries by the underlying trust documents.
- Provide trust administration services – We assist with basic trust administration such as assessment and distribution of the trust assets, as well as more complicated administration matters, including no contest clause litigation, financial abuse claims, litigation to return property wrongfully removed from the trust, and more.
- Representation in probate litigation proceedings and trust disputes – We represent clients in various probate litigation matters including will contests, disputed conservatorships, and disputed guardianship’s. We also represent clients in trust dispute matters such as litigation against the trustee (pursuing injunctions, receivership’s, or termination) for the benefit of the beneficiaries.
- Resolving challenges to estate document validity – We litigate challenges to the validity, legitimacy, and interpretation of Israeli estate documents and specific provisions therein.
Our attorneys assist clients at every stage of the Israeli succession, probate and estate administration process. We are particularly well-versed in navigating clients through the complex process of Israeli inheritance law and probate procedures.
Located in Tel Aviv, our firm has offices in New York and Los Angeles. For a complimentary consultation to discuss your probate and inheritance, estate law issues, please contact our firm by phone or email.
We represent international clients from the United States, Canada, the UK, Europe and Israel. Please contact us from the US or Canada at 888-923-0022 or in Israel at 972-50-7322688 to schedule a discussion regarding your case.