Skip to main content

What Documents Are Needed To Transfer Property In Israel?

Question and Answers on Aharoni Law Firm

I have real estate property registered in the Tabu the Israel Land Registration Office. What documents are required for transferring my property to someone else?

To register this transaction with the local authorities, you will need the following documents:

  1. The deed of Transaction signed by the parties and certified by an Israeli lawyer.
  2. Certification from the Israeli Tax Authority stating that all debts about this property were paid in full.
  3. Certification from the municipal authority stating that all the debts, including the Improvement Tax, were paid.

In addition, if a mortgage is registered in favor of the seller’s mortgage bank, it is required to provide a deed of cancellation of the mortgage from the mortgage bank.