Do you live in Canada and have inheritance, real estate, or any business involving property or other assets in Israel? If so, you got to the right place! Aharoni Law Firm can provide experienced and personalized representation. For many years, we have worked with clients in Toronto, Montreal, Ontario, British Columbia, and cities throughout Canada, including heirs, property owners, entrepreneurs, and investors.
We are an Israeli law firm with our main office in Tel Aviv. We help our clients successfully navigate the intricacies of Israeli estate, property, and business law. Working with a lawyer who has in-depth knowledge of the Israeli legal landscape and a creative approach to problem-solving, we believe, makes all of the difference for our clients. To discuss your specific goals, please contact us today and allow us to review your case in our complimentary consultation.
How Our Israeli Law Firm Can Help You as a Canadian Resident
Our law firm's founding lawyer, Rahav D. Aharoni, Adv personally manages every client's case. He is a native of Israel who is fluent in Hebrew and English. He has a deep background in the Israeli real estate industry and Estates. He focuses on helping clients in Canada with:
- Israeli Estate planning and Estate probate and administration
- Locating and gaining possession of inheritance property in Israel
- Resolving Israeli estate and real estate disputes
- Executing transactions in Israeli real estate, investments, and business.
- Holistic Due diligence regarding Israeli estate including nationwide search for any dormant assets and bank accounts in Bank Leumi, Hapoalim, Discount and etc.
Brainstorming with our Canadian clients regarding any Estate tax implications if any in Canada.
- Transferring ownership of bank accounts after completing the probate.
- Contesting wills in Israeli family court.
- Reclaiming Israeli assets or unclaimed property
- Enforcing foreign judgments in Israeli courts
- Handling property management in Israel
- Forming an LLC in Israel and base of operations
- Advising Canadian companies and law firms, including high-tech startups, on establishing business operations in Israel.
Israeli Inheritance and Succession Lawyers
The courts of Israel have jurisdiction over the estate of any person who resided in Israel at the time of his or her death or who left behind a property in Israel. Under the Israeli Succession Law of 1965, such a person's estate may be distributed in two ways:
By Will or A Trust
If a person passed away with a valid will, then the person's estate should be distributed according to his or her wishes. As simple and straightforward as that may seem, the Israeli probate process can present be challenging we will keep it simple and clear for you. Aharoni Law Firm can help you to administer the estate of a deceased loved one in Israel by tracking down estate assets, serving and notifying beneficiaries, preparing and filing petitions, marshaling and distributing estate assets, and resolving related capital gain tax (No estate tax in Israel) issues if any. We also assist clients in Canada with creating wills and trusts and with handling disputes that may arise concerning the validity of a will or trust.
If a person passed away without a will or has estate assets that the will fails to bequeath, those assets must be distributed according to Israel's rules of intestate succession. These rules establish the identity of heirs (spouse, children, parents, grandparents, and siblings) and spell out their respective inheritance rights, including the order of inheritance and the apportionment of the estate's assets.
It is important to know that the Israeli Succession Law provides a right to maintenance out of an estate to a spouse, children, or parents of a decedent who are in need of financial support, regardless of whether the decedent left a valid will. Additionally, tax issues may arise after one acquires property in Israel and either continues to own the property or chooses to sell it.
Our dedicated Israeli attorneys assist clients in Canada at every stage of the inheritance process. We are well-versed in Israeli probate and succession laws and can offer clients hands-on experience with filing applications for probate and succession orders and with litigating disputes in Israeli family court. Our goal will be to make that probate process go as smoothly and efficiently as possible for you.
Israeli Real Estate Law, Property Law and Location of Abandoned Property in Israel
Aharoni Law Firm helps clients in Canada with a wide range of Israeli residential and commercial real estate matters, including:
- Searching the legal rights and title connected to the property through the appropriate registry (or registries) and collecting important documents such as the official extract before you buy or sell the property
- Lending assistance with negotiating and securing a mortgage, including a mortgage for a second home which is located in Israel
- Drafting, negotiating, and executing contracts for real estate purchases in Israel, including contracts for residential and commercial properties
- Registering and transferring all property rights through the appropriate Israeli authorities
- Representing clients in Israeli courts if any legal disputes occur involving land, title, and real estate.
For many years, we have helped clients all over Canada to locate and reclaim abandoned property in Israel. Often, the heirs or beneficiaries that we represent did not even know about the property until they received a letter from the State of Israel notifying them of the Israeli property. We guide them through the process and use our in-depth knowledge of Israeli probate, succession, and real estate law to handle every aspect, from establishing ownership rights to selling the property if they choose to do so. We also help our clients to understand and address tax implications, and we take careful steps on their behalf to protect their interests and maximize their equity.
Looking forward to hearing from you and simplifying the matter.
Rahav Aharoni, Adv
Our Israeli Law Firm Always Accomplishing The Mission
We are the A-Team and we are very experience in handling Israeli real estate law and we are very family oriented. Feel free to contact our office for a complimentary consultation from our Israeli real estate lawyers today and receive tailor-made legal advice from our lawyers.