If you plan to buy or sell residential property in Israel, you need to comply not only with the requirements pertaining to real estate law but also any applicable probate laws. Buyers and sellers from other countries are often surprised at how these laws intertwine in Israeli real estate transactions.
Aharoni Law Firm manages legal compliance for international individuals and businesses buying or selling property in Israel. We handle all aspects of transactions so that you can complete a purchase or sale remotely at your convenience.
What to Monitor?
In addition to the general issues involved in the buying or selling of residential real estate in Israel, there are also legal and probate-related issues to consider, including:
- Inheritance laws: If the property is being sold by an estate, the buyer must be aware of the applicable inheritance laws that may affect the transfer of ownership.
- Wills: If the property is being sold by an estate, the buyer must ensure that the seller had a valid will in place and that all estate-related legal procedures have been properly followed.
- Power of attorney: If the seller is unable to sign the sale agreement in person, they may need to grant a power of attorney to an agent who can act on their behalf.
- Legal representation: Both the buyer and seller should consider obtaining legal representation to ensure that their rights and interests are protected throughout the transaction.
- Regulations and restrictions: The buyer must be aware of any regulatory restrictions or limitations that may affect the use of the property, such as zoning regulations, building codes, and environmental protection laws.
- Tax implications: The buyer and seller must understand the tax implications of the transaction, including capital gains tax and transfer taxes. Failure to comply can be very costly.
- Dispute resolution: In the event of a dispute, the buyer and seller must be aware of the options for resolving the dispute, such as mediation, arbitration, or litigation.
Protect Your Interests by Working with an Experienced Israeli Real Estate Lawyer
Aharoni Law Firm rigorously represents international clients in residential and commercial real estate transactions, and we are the best reviewed law firm in the world.
We invite you to find out why. We will manage your transactions efficiently and advocate zealously on your behalf. Schedule a consultation today.
" I found Mr. Rahav Aharoni from my Hebrew translator and I was very happy with him. I hired him twice, the first time was to negotiate and complete a probate with my family and to register the land in Israel, which he did a great job on. And the second time, my family in Israel could not find/get my grandfather’s death certificate and I’ve hired him to do so. Mr. Aharoni did. It did take some time for him to find it, and he had promised to do so, and he did. Mr. Aharoni. is very kind, loyal and easy to work it and solved two of my issues. I will recommend Mr. Aharoni. I’ll be happy to respond to any inquiries. "
- Isaac Melamed