Investors often reap many benefits from purchasing agricultural property in Israel. However to get the most from the transaction, whether buying or selling, it is important to follow the correct steps. When buying or selling from outside the country, representation from an experienced real estate attorney can best protect your interests.
Steps to a Successful Transaction
Buyers and sellers conducting transactions with agricultural property should follow these steps to comply with laws and protect their interests:
- Research the market: Look into the current prices, availability and location of agricultural lands in the area you are interested in. This can be challenging to accomplish remotely, so it is helpful to work with a representative who is intricately familiar with local real estate markets.
- Find a property: You can search online or work with a real estate agent to find the agricultural land you are looking for. Even when you find a desirable property online, it is best to have it examined by someone local.
- Check for legal and zoning restrictions: Agricultural lands may have specific restrictions such as land-use zoning, building regulations, and water rights. Make sure you are aware of these restrictions before making a purchase.
- Hire a lawyer: It is highly advisable to have a lawyer review the contract and help with the negotiation process.
- Due diligence: Have a professional inspect the property to ensure there are no legal issues, environmental hazards, or other problems. It is also wise to research potential restrictions or other factors that could impact future use of the property.
- Negotiate and sign the contract: Work with the seller to agree on the price, terms and conditions, and sign a legally binding contract.
- Register the transfer of ownership: Once the contract is signed, you will need to register the transfer of ownership with the appropriate authorities in Israel.
It is important to note that since factors affecting the sale of agricultural land in Israel may vary slightly depending on the region and specific circumstances, it’s always best to consult with a local professional for accurate and up-to-date information.
Aharoni Law Firm Guides Buyers and Sellers in the Sale of Agricultural Real Estate
Whether you plan to buy or sell agricultural property in Israel, the experienced team at Aharoni Law Firm can help you achieve advantageous results with minimal fuss. We can manage the process down to the smallest detail. We invite you to schedule a consultation to learn how we can help protect your interests.
" I found Mr. Rahav Aharoni from my Hebrew translator and I was very happy with him. I hired him twice, the first time was to negotiate and complete a probate with my family and to register the land in Israel, which he did a great job on. And the second time, my family in Israel could not find/get my grandfather’s death certificate and I’ve hired him to do so. Mr. Aharoni did. It did take some time for him to find it, and he had promised to do so, and he did. Mr. Aharoni. is very kind, loyal and easy to work it and solved two of my issues. I will recommend Mr. Aharoni. I’ll be happy to respond to any inquiries. "
- Isaac Melamed